Although many people know it’s important to plan for retirement, a lot of folks still put it off. Why is that? Gary Alden has a feeling that a lack of knowledge or understanding of social security planning is at play.
In part one of this two-part series, Gary talks about the ins and outs of social security planning and how to maneuver through the realm of retirement planning and funding.
In this episode, you will learn:
- The predicted changes in the social security funding in the next 20+ years
- Why the retirement age for collecting your benefit might be raised, and what makes retirement age so important
- The basics of spousal benefits, and how this impacts social security income both during retirement and after a spouse dies
- How to access your social security statements to keep your records accurate and up to date
- The importance of good record keeping in younger years to prepare for retirement
- And more!
Tune in to this episode of The Retirement Guy Podcast with Gary Alden for expert advice on social security planning!
Resources: Kingwood Investment Group